Friday, February 22, 2008

Clint Black Cover of "Long Cool Woman" Possibly the Worst I've Heard

Yesterday, on XM Satellite Radio's "Nashville" channel, I heard country star Clint Black's cover of the classic Hollies' track "Long Cool Woman". Being a Clint Black fan, I thought it would be cool to hear him re-do such a great classic rock staple, but after hearing it, I realize I was wrong.

In all honesty, Clint Black hasn't put out too many sub-par songs, and even his cover of the Eagles' hit "Desperado" wasn't bad at all. For whatever reason, on this song, his voice sounded awful and the music sounded very cheesy, and more rock than country. The only redeeming thing I can say about this song is that I was able to more clearly understand the lyrics.

I know Clint doesn't need any advice from me, just some random fan, but stick to country, and stick to your own songs. And if you're a Clint Black fan, the choice is yours, but I'd advise steering clear of this song.

No comments: